Monday, April 8, 2019

Woman divides internet after complaining she's stuck with giant brick wedding ring she can't wear

A woman has claimed she can’t wear her ring 

A woman is facing a tiny dilemma after receiving an gemstone she ‘can't wear '.

Taking to Reddit the unnamed woman exposed about receiving an gemstone she “hates” and “can't wear”, despite having a discussion with her soon-to-be husband before he even proposed.

The 40-year-old said she and her partner, 44, have been together for nearly five years.

She works in medicine – direct patient care – and says she had discussed wanting a “very easy ring&rdquo ;.

“I'm very little of a jewellery person anyway and nothing huge and ‘glamorous'would suit my personal style, I don't look after the look, and I wouldn't be allowed to use it at work,” she wrote.

She says her other half understood at the time, but he then “proposed with a huge brick I hate and never would or could wear&rdquo ;.

“I brought it down with him the following day after considering how to say it. He got very upset,” she explained.

“I needed a simple band or silicone wedding ring because I cannot wear set stones at work, nor do I like large, glam jewellery and that's just what my now-fiancé proposed with.

“I don't like and can't wear this ring. I suggested compromises and he's insistent that I ‘deserve'this ring….. that I hate and can't wear. Help.”

Many people agreed with the woman, saying the couple should go ring shopping together.

“If the ring doesn't have significance, like being a household heirloom, return it and get her a band she wants,” anyone wrote. “Maybe he's embarrassed he made the incorrect call and just needs time to accept it. There's nothing wrong with both partners going ring shopping together.”

“You're being totally reasonable and he isn't listening for you at all. YOU'RE THE ONE WEARING THE DAMN THING! I don't know why he gets lots of input at all to be honest,” another said.

“I'm very much of the opinion that anyone wearing the ring has 100 per cent of the say in what it seems like,” another agreed.

Some suggested perhaps she keep the ring and use it when she can, while choosing a simpler one for everyday.

“I work in health care. One solution would be to wear this ring on a ring and then when you buy your wedding bands make certain it's something plain and more to your tastes,” was one suggestion.

There have been a few who stood up for her fiancé, highlighting how nerve-wracking it could be to propose.

“That is literally the very first time I've have you ever heard a lady complain that the ring was too big and expensive,” anyone said.

“Maybe we should look more closely on what he feels. Maybe he really just really wants to express simply how much he loves you and by complaining concerning the ring or price might be a sore spot of ‘rejection ',” was another response.

She did agree that there is clearly no “malice” in his decision to ignore her ring requests.

“But adult up and accept this ring won't work and I dislike it,” she later added.

1 comment:

  1. silicone rings for men Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete